Services for Advanced Energy Data Analysis and Reporting
AEI is an energy systems service provider specializing in scalable automation methods and tools designed to lower the cost and improve the quality of the typical measurement, verification and reporting needs of energy service providers and consumers.
We focus on scalable solutions to common analytical and reporting needs for utilities, ESCOs and government agencies engaged in large-scope federal, commercial and industrial energy efficiency projects.
We are currently in the development of a range of products designed to cope with the onslaught of large data volumes being created by modern energy management systems. The days of simple lighting renovations and small performance contracts are history, and with all of the green initiatives underway today, there needs to be a better way to collect, transform and analyze these larger datasets. We are focused on data collection and normalization as a given that you should expect, so that we can all move on to smarter analytics and metrics that truly support the workflow processes that ensure you can maintain your facility's energy plan.
Our products and initiatives depend on large volumes of data for the statistical methods that we employ. This is not statistics in the "guessing" sense - it's statistics in the sense that similar energy components should be expected to behave in similar ways. By statistically examining large numbers of components, we can locate the outliers. The goal is to focus your human resources on the things that matter. We believe that showing you the 5% of those things that are most different from the other 95% is the same as scaling you and your staff by a factor of 20x.
Whether or not you need visualizations and reporting on the BAS data you collect from a project site, AEI/ETL is a standalone product and service that is the framework for all other AEI products. With AEI/ETL (Extract, Transform & Load), we perform the data collection from your project site, and then categorize the data along with sensor, site and building master tables to deliver a normalized SQL or other database format for all of your reporting needs.
AEI is actively developing its first commercial product, AEI/Commissioning, a turnkey web application to support the workflow of maintaining the energy plan at the largest multi-building sites. AEI/Commissioning is based on the AEI/ETL framework.
Our product roadmap for 2013 includes the development and delivery of AEI/PM for preventative maintenance planning and management. Leveraging the tools we have developed to rapidly import and transform your existing BAS data, we can track and report on run hours for any energy system with a status indicator, integrate total consumption or throughput, and essentially report and alert on usage-based activity rather than the typical calendar-based PM schedule.